1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Trip Edge

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Sharpm, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Sharpm

Sharpm Junior Member

Hi,
    I have been looking into getting a plow for my 1/2 ton and really can't make up my mind i like the looks of the Boss, Western, Fisher and Blizzard Lighter duty plows. A guy next door of my just got a RD Series Fisher plow put on his 1/2 ton ford and i really liked the looks of it but i really don't know what to think of the trip edge. i want to protect my truck as much as possible and i wanted to know if i would be better of to go with a plow that is a full trip or would i be ok with trip edge. Also would that be a good plow for a Chevy 1/2 ton or not I would not be doing commercial plowing just some driveways. Thank you:salute:

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

7.5ft RD would do just fine on that truck.....as for the trip edge, i honestly think i would hate a full trip blade since when it trips, you loose a lot of the load you were pushing. Love my fisher, wouldn't plow with anything else!

3. jlb2500hd

jlb2500hd Member
    from N.Y

You should try looking at the Meyers poly plow, it is a full trip plow but is very user friendly and makes a nice 1/2 ton plow.

4. capt caper

capt caper Senior Member

I've hit so many things with my Fisher. The trip edge is still going strong. Fisher builds it right.. I've seen other guys with other brands and it's always one thing or another that goes wrong, or has trouble hooking it up or taking it off. Maybe I've had good luck.