1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Trip Edge

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by 2000dodge, Nov 1, 2011.

1. 2000dodge

2000dodge Junior Member

I am looking at getting a fisher plow and was wondering if anyone has had anything get caught in the trip edge.
  2. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Nope, never have.

3. Hank

Hank Junior Member
    from MA

Plowed a gravel drive no problems. actually it was more like traprock...
  4. 2000dodge

2000dodge Junior Member

Thanks for the help
  5. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Yes I did with my 8' Xblade. I ran a standard HD Cutting Edge on it which extends down MUCH further than the stock Xblade cutting edge and causes it to trip much more.

After plowing a road that I plow, I caught a rock in the trip edge. Took a hammer, a couple of wacks to the side of the rock and it popped right out. Just don't put your fingers near it or they'll be gone quick.
  6. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

I heard they save transmissions.
  7. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I have plowed acrost fields and in gravel pits and I have never had any thing get stuck in the trip edge.
  8. White Gardens

The only thing stuck in my tripedge is the 1/2 piece of steel spacer the previous owner put in.

They said that it helped to scrape ice better.

9. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

That's more than a rumor.

I know a guy that got a tree stuck in there once.
  10. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

tell ya what will happen first time your plowing along and trip it you WILL KNOW IT HAPPENED thats for sure. :eek:

thay make a big bang if your not use to it. i figured i broke somthing 1st time i tripped mine. but looked all over and all was good . you get use to it.

and i like them for only loosing 6" of snow on a push versus the full trip blade style hight of the blade like others.
  11. White Gardens

Ya, the first year with my old Meyer Diamond plow I learned that.

The fun part is if you hit a lip in a lot and it shoots your plow up in the air.

12. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Well if that guy wasn't using it to split 3 cord of wood, it wouldn't have gotten stuck at all.

Yeah I remember the first time mine tripped, I thought I snapped the frame of my truck (94 F150)

Thats the part I hate the most is anticipating the plow landing and jolting the rest of the truck.
  13. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

I've only used Fishers, resi and commercial - had that happen plowing a commercial lot and caught a manhole cover- that sure wakes you up!
    Never had anything get stuck in mine, gravel, dirt, even using the blade to spread rock this spring in my driveway nothing got stuck in the edge. (Spread 30 yds - still cleaning rock out of the undercarriage...)