1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Trip Edge Wear Picture?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by avc8130, Jan 29, 2011.

1. avc8130

avc8130 Member

Just started using my new to me Xblade. I have read a bunch about wearing in the trip edge before swapping the cutting edge. How far am I supposed to let this thing wear before a new cutting edge?
    ac

2. camaro 77

camaro 77 Senior Member
    from ma

you need to put a cutting edge on an X BLADE rt away there is no cutting edge on them at all the trip is not like a reg yellow fisher HD

3. avc8130

avc8130 Member

It definitely has something bolted to the front. What is that? Is that the infamous reversible cutting edge? So on an xblade we aren't supposed to wear the edge at all?

4. inspector jonny

inspector jonny Junior Member

They don't have a lot of edge exposed about 3/4". I just flipped mine got a season out of. depends on the amount of use you do. un bolt flip rebolt. done.

5. camaro 77

camaro 77 Senior Member
    from ma

pics would help thats for sure
    here is a pic of mine it has a 5/8 X6 inch top punch (not reverseable)
    [​IMG]

6. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Dont wear the base angle on an x blade. U do that on a hd plow that has a real base angle.