1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Trip edge vs Full trip

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by russ130, Dec 29, 2008.

1. russ130

russ130 Senior Member

What do you prefer?

Around here Fisher has always been very popular which has a trip edge. It is nice to only loose a little snow when it does trip.

2. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Why would a full trip lose any more snow than a trip edge?

3. bakerc8

bakerc8 Senior Member

ive used both. a trip edge trips makes the plow pop a little but a full trip makes the hole plow pop 3 to 6 inches sometimes and if it dosent trip witch happens a lot in my use it would just stop the truck

4. festerw

festerw Senior Member

5. FISHERBOY

FISHERBOY Senior Member

Trip edge all the way

6. Snowplow71

Snowplow71 Senior Member

I'll take my Western Ultra's with the shock absorber on it. I have a Fisher MM1 and when that thing trips just going 5MPH you can see the bottom of the cutting edge from inside the truck!

7. cretebaby

8. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

trip edges save transmissions!:p

9. festerw

festerw Senior Member

I know right, silly search button. What good is it? :jester:

10. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

???????????????????????????

11. cretebaby

Dang it Tim I was going to post that:realmad:

12. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

lol......every1 of these threads needs that post!......try the new to plowing thread!:waving:

13. russ130

russ130 Senior Member

Yes you are right it has been discussed before but imagine how lousy the search is when you type in exactly what I have named the thread and you find the first similiar result on the second page of results. I actually just did that search and those where my results. Funny thing I never go to the second page of search results unless I am looking for a very obscure thing. I would hardly consider a debate over trip edge and full trip obscure on a freaking plowing forum. So maybe before you act all snooty you should realize the search function on this site is crap.

14. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Its all good man, relax! The topic has been discuss before, and usually leads to unnecessary arguments and stupid post! It just a bad topic around here!

I like the trip edge so far! I have a 7.5 fisher! The trip edges have be known to do some crazy stuff to curbs, you need to watch out for that!

15. festerw

festerw Senior Member

If you use the search function right it works well.

Example 1. Clicking Search at the top and putting in Trip edge vs Full trip will give you every thread with the words edge, full and trip are in VS gets thrown out since it's only 2 letters.

Example 2. Clicking Search at the top, clicking Advanced Search, typing Trip edge vs Full trip then selecting "Search Titles Only" will only show the thread titles that exactly match what you put in. This will yield 10 threads including yours

Keep in mind some people refer to full trip as blade trip, typing in Trip edge vs Blade trip and searching titles only will result in another 7 threads.

This comes up every year, sometimes multiple times (this is the 3rd time this year actually) and involves nothing besides personal preference, both function perfectly fine in intended operation. Same deal as which truck is better.

Sorry for the interruption....back to your regularly scheduled madness.:drinkup: