1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Trip edge snow box.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PhilFromErie, Sep 26, 2010.

1. PhilFromErie

PhilFromErie Senior Member

does anyone use a trip edge snow box opposed to the poly edge?
    what do you think of them, the brand im looking at is steel-tec

2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Hi Phil, I've researched about every pusher this year for our skid and for a loader. I was going to go with Artic's but the price was a bit too much. I found Steel tec, they are a knock off of Pro tech's I believe, Avalanche was a close second because they offered me a good discount but I decided on a BOSS skid steer pusher with either BOSS wings or just fab up some ends for it. I talked to a couple guys who all said if the box could move like a plow, that would be great and would make some jobs easier, also I can back drag loading docks where as a regular push box wont to that. I also decide on the BOSS set up because if I ever wanted a traditional push box set up I can add the Kage system as they are made to fit BOSS plows. I know this is kind of off your post but a steel trip edge from Steel tec is 3300.00+ tax, I can get you a great deal on a BOSS skid steer system for a lot better price. Just food for thought.

3. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

I like trip edge pushers, used on on a loader 2nd season on a WM that we couldn't salt due to enviro restrictions. The 1st season we used a regular rubber edge pusher, the steel edge made a HUGE difference in finish. I'd go with the trip edge if the budget allowed, every time.