1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Trip Edge ? Shoes Or No Shoes

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by butter, Dec 13, 2001.

1. butter

butter Junior Member

JUST WONDERING IF U GUYS RUNNING TRIP EDGE PLOWS USE THE SHOES OR NOT? THIS IS MY FIRST TRIP EDGE PLOW AND HAVE ALWAYS HAD A FULL TRIP BLADE. I NEVER USED MY SHOES WITH THE OTHER BLADES AS ALL OF MY CONTRACTS ARE ASPHALT. I DO HAVE SIDE WINGS AS WELL FOR THIS PLOW THAT RUN ON A FLAT PLATE (SHOE) SAME AS SNOW PUSHER IDEA. MY THINKING IS THAT I DON'T NEED THE SHOES AS THE PLOW WILL RIDE ON THE WING SHOES AND MY CUTTING EDGE SHOULDN'T WEAR THAT MUCH AS THE WING SHOES ARE TAKING THE BRUNT OF THE WEAR. ANY INPUT WOULD BE APPRECIATED.BTW THE PLOW IS AN 8FT ARTIC POLY WITH REMOVABLE WINGS.FIRST YEAR OF PRODUCTION FOR THE WINGS, FINGERS ARE CROSSED. IT CAN START SNOWING ANY TIME NOW AS I AM ANXIOUS TO USE THE NEW PLOW AND NEW DURAMAX.:D :D

2. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

First off using all caps is equivilant to yelling online.

Do a search you will find some recent discussion on use of shoes. I do not use them but others do.

3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

i took my shoes off the other day. i dont really like to use them. i find it scrapes better with out them