1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

trip edge question

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by mike1399, Oct 18, 2015.

1. mike1399

mike1399 Junior Member

Evening guys,
    I have a old 8' speed cast that is solid but I wore the trip to low an popped the springs off the trip edge. Can I slap on a newer mm 8'trip edge on to it with out modifying it?
    I don't want to get rid of the speed cast blade cause we all know they don't make them like they use to. This blade has no rot or rust. It's was a barn find with original stickers still on it every speedcast trip edge I find is worn to much

2. lawnboy2121

lawnboy2121 Senior Member

U can get new spring mounts and weld them on the edge pretty easy

3. lawnboy2121

lawnboy2121 Senior Member

Fisher sells them or easy to make

4. mike1399

mike1399 Junior Member

Thanks i figured they would for guys like me that want to get one more push out of the edge lol. I was trying not to spend more money now. My uncle in NH has a edge off his old mm that has a new blade an doubled up on the edge.