1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Trip edge pusher???

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Mike S, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

Has any one bought or used one of the new trip edge pushers? Im not really interested in the skid model but one for a backhoe. I really like the boss pusher but the boss dealer in town doesnt really want to cary it. Ive seen them on ebay for a decent price but I cant see how it would work better then the boss or artic since it doesnt have the floating end wings. It cant be worse then a rubber edge though. LOL! Im in to it just would like to hear some feed back from some one who is using one. :waving: Thanks!

2. Mike S

No one yet is going to chime in?

3. 2500hd plow

2500hd plow Junior Member

We just bought a boss BX-12 this year but have not had a chance to use it yet.

4. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

Mike, a good friend of mine got a 10' TE for his skid loader this year. If it ever snows, I can relay its performance. Hes happy with the pricing at least.

5. Mike S

The bx12 looks awsome, and you got to love the you tube vids of it raming a big rock!

6. Mike S

That would be great if it snowed and if you could let me know how it works! LOL! Thanks!

7. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

talked to the guy who ran my friends new te pusher. Said the thing trips way to easily and are working on stiffening the tripping up.

8. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

Also looking for feedback on these units. Whats the te pusher? Haven't heard of these? Somebody 's used these. Anybody ? Thanks

9. Mike S

Thats not good....... I was hoping it was awsome. Keep us informed! Thanks for the info!

10. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

te stands for trip edge. New product this fall from buyers. Talk to oberson's nursery for a good deal. They have been making rubber edges for some time now and those are good.

11. Showmestaterida

Anybody else used the new trip edge pushers? How are they holding up? Pros/ Cons? Havent seen too many around here . Everybody around here uses protechs w/ rubber edge.

12. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

my friend got plowable snow today so I went to help him plow as he was behind. I was running his S650 and this happened. Will be interesting to see how this is warrantied.

2012-10-30 12.05.59.jpg

2012-10-30 12.05.28.jpg

13. Mike S

Well I finaly got my question answered!!!!!! Wow im sorry to see that happen that sucks......... Lets see if scott is hanging around and will jump in.

I think i will stick with the rubber edge.

14. Cover Guy

Cover Guy Senior Member

Go with artic or a bx 12 you won't regret it

15. Sno-Shark

Sno-Shark Junior Member
    from USA

Ouch! Did you hit a curb? I'd like to know more on what happened exactly. Also on the warranty service.

16. Mike S

We want a update! We want a update! Lol!

17. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

I was running the machine at the time. We were clearing out the lumber area of a big box store with the pusher. Its entirely flat, not a damn thing to trip the edge on and constantly it was tripping or jumping and shaking the machine. Id stop, re-level it, and keep going for another 20 feet til it chattered bad enough to stop my ipod again. The last push just before the picture, the same things were happening again. The photos above were what I saw when I backed from the pile.
    Im told the dealer is trying to convince Buyers to buy it back from my friend so they can look it over. Who knows how this will play out - it doesnt even have two full events on it!

18. Mike S

Thanks for the update! Sounds like it had some issues before it broke. Ok so now when it did work, did it work good?

19. Sno-Shark

Sno-Shark Junior Member
    from USA

Hopefully your friend can get things worked out before the next event.

20. Showmestaterida

Thats no good, Was it tripping the whole time while you were using . Did it work at all? Any more info good or bad ? Anybody else have feedback on these te pushers?