1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Trip edge or not

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by kamhillbilly, Dec 16, 2005.

1. I am buying a new plow is the trip edge better than blade tip ,I am plowing all rural gravel driveways and bush roads any input is welcomed.Thanks

2. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

For all gravel ect I would recomend something with not as steep of an angle of attack. The bosses have a pretty good angle of attack witch is good for scraping down to pavement but....well it scrapes well so it has more likelyhood of digging in. Can you get fisher localy? They dont have a sharp angle of attack.

Or does the boss trip edge have a different angle than thier full trip? I havent seen a trip edge boss up close to be honest so I dont know.

3. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

i love my boss trip edge if u go with just set the shoes so the blade wont dig in .you dont want to scrap the gravel away . any plow will scrape and dig in if you dont set the shoes even fisher .

4. Yes Fisher is availible here,with the trip edge does snow ice build up between the moldboard and the edgeafter it trips?I like the idea of the boss with no chains and I hear the hydraulics are faster,is this true?