1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Trip edge not working?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Grant9454, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Grant9454

Grant9454 Member

I have a three year old HT series, that up till this season saw limited use on only a few driveways. Over the past few storms I have noticed that the trip edge isn't tripping. A few of the driveways I do have frost heaves at the end of the driveway and the driveway is raised up almost two inches from the road, whenever I come in on these driveways the blade just catches and bends down lifting the front of the truck up. This happens if I'm going real slow or coming in fast. Anyone have any idea why this might be happening?
  2. bersh

bersh Senior Member

Something might be bent causing the trip edge to bind and prevent it from rotating. Check to make sure the trip edge and the blade are straight and that none of the pivot pins are buggered up.
  3. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

Set the blade at the height where it will just catch a curb as you push into it. Have your wife or a friend ease the truck forward while you're there looking at and you should be able to see exactly what's going on. If this makes sense to you, I don't know if I described it well enough.