1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

trip edge, can i flip the cutting edge?

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by JAYINH, Feb 2, 2013.

JAYINH Member

does anyone know if the trip edge plow cutting edge can be rotated the have a fresh cutting edge? it looks like the bolt holes are not in th center of the steel cutting plate.
  2. Bison

Bison Member

The ones I bought from Curtis were in the center , I flipped it and put my new one behind it to double them up. That way I get longer wear between changing edges .

JAYINH Member

how about the old one, was that center bored ? also was it a trip edge plow or full trip? what do they charge for a new edge? mine is not in the center of the blade, if i were to flip it it would make the plow sit higher. I dont see it as being an issue with the height but was concerned with the trip edge being in the right postion.
  4. theholycow

theholycow PlowSite.com Addict

I don't know Sno-Pro, but that sounds like a textbook description of a worn edge...do you remember if it was in the center when it was new?

Can you post a photo?

JAYINH Member

i dont remember if it was centered when new. i will see if i can snap a pic later.
  6. amocerino

amocerino Senior Member
    from 01606

all of the cutting edges from Curtis are center hole location

JAYINH Member

total noob, it was just realy worn out. I flipped it today and now its perfect. ready for the 2' of snow.....