1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Trip Blade V Trip Edge

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mercer_me, Mar 4, 2010.

1. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

My ATV blade is a trip blade and I hate it, it trips all the time. But since an ATV blade it has alot lighter springs than a full size truck blade. I'm not trying to start a war over wich is better. I honestly just want to know what the advantage is of having a trip blade over a trip edge.

2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I didn't put the last part in bold to be a jerk or any thing. I just wanted to emphisise that I'm not trying to start a war, I honestly just want to know what the advantage is of having a trip blade.

3. BGompers

BGompers Junior Member

Well, I have two plows that have trip edges. (2) Fisher extreme V, and i like them ok except there is more to go wrong once they are wore down. You still lose the snow if you hit a lid. I also have a Myers plow with the trip blade. I think I like the simplicity of the meyers>I think...I think I stickwith the trip edge as long as it is functioning properly. My next plow is actually going to be a hd 8.5 fisher strait plow w trip edge.

4. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

I have a trip edge plow Fisher 7 1/2 HD and a trip blade Boss 7 1/2 V, I prefer the trip edge. For one thing the trip blade trips when I try to stack wet snow, which causes the bottom of the plow to rotate further down and trip more, this stops the stacking. even if the trip edge were to trip when stacking snow, so what the trip edge doesn't swing down as far when tripping.

5. mansf123

mansf123 Senior Member
    from mass

I think as long as you dont let the base angle wear down to much you wont have many problems with replacing much more than the springs occasionaly and a cutting edge. Just dont hit any tall curbs