1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Trip bar question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Switchless, Dec 7, 2003.

1. Switchless

Switchless Member
    from NJ

Still new to plowing, so here's another question. Is it bad (or how bad is it) when you "trip" the trip bar??? Also, (I'm guessing) would it be better to set the spring tension on the trip bar softer, so it trips faster and put less strain on everything.
    Thanks,
    Pete
    PS, My area (jersey, mid north) just got on average 12" of snow. I went out twice and it was easy as pie. I still need to learn "how, when, where" to back blade.

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

What kind of plow? If its a fischer, the springs cannot be adjusted. Normally, you should be able to slid a dollar bill between the 3rd and 4th coil of the spring. If you want to soften it up you can remove one spring (just aslong as you have more than 2 springs)

3. Switchless

Switchless Member
    from NJ

It's a Snoway 7.5 foot polyplow with downpressure with two springs and adjustable turnbuckles.
    Pete