1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Trip Back Springs

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by William Brett, Sep 27, 2010.

1. William Brett

William Brett Member

Hi guys here is another question from across the pond, hope fully I have it in the correct forum.

Over there it is hard to get hold of plows so I am thinking of making up my own. Either to go on a compact tractor or the front of a backhoe.

Number one have you guys got any suggesions tips or advice an 2 I am thinking of making it trip back and what I want to know is what size your trip back springs are on your plows, diameter, length and wire size.

Cheers in advance

2. plowatnight

plowatnight Senior Member
    from Mn

The best thing IMO would be ot order a set of trip springs from EBAY or an internet seller. That way. you'll have a reference for that particular spring and you'll always be able to get access to new ones. Plus, with part in hand, you'll have an easier time building the project.
  3. William Brett

William Brett Member

Hi yes that is an option but only ones on there are from the US so postage ends up very expensive. Have a local company who can get hold of any size spring for me just need to know the rough kind of size so I end up with the right strength spring.