1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Trimming Required?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by NBI Lawn, Nov 12, 2008.

1. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I found a smokin deal on a 7.5 foot Western midweight plow for my 1/2 ton dodge. The truck is a 2005 with the sport pkg. When the plow mount goes on would I need to cut the lower part of the bumper at all ? The only reason I ask is because of the painted bumpers and all that good stuff.

I posted this in the western link deal but thought I would post it here too. Lets see how long it takes for the mods to delete one :cool:

2. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Why would this get deleted?

I can't imagine the bumper would need cutting. Maybe the air dam in front??? Not cutting of anything on my Dodge 2500 with a Boss mount.

3. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Double post...

Didnt have to on my Hiniker either but I am just wondering about the Westerns on a sport model truck, dont know if its different

4. wildbl1500

wildbl1500 Senior Member

On fishers you have to cut the lower part of the air dam. I know fisher's website has a pdf of every installation manual. Maybe where western is it's sister company, they have it on their site- it should tell you what you have to do in the vehicle-specific mount installation manual...

5. Dodge Plow Pwr

Dodge Plow Pwr Senior Member

I had to cut my lower Black air dam part so the mount would clear. Used a sharp utility knife and chalk to line it out and tape and cut.

6. Cromer_22

Cromer_22 Junior Member

i got an 05 aswell little notch in the air dam no biggie.