1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Trigger point for plowing

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SnowOps, Sep 23, 2014.

1. SnowOps

SnowOps Junior Member

OK, usually I use 2" as a trigger point for my commercial customers. I have a new one that I am bidding that wants 1 " Im sure I need to charge more, looking for ideas on how to price the different trigger point, if anyone else has some opinions.
    thanks

2. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

Is it seasonal or per push?

If seasonal, use your history of snowfall to price for the season, obviously for every inch of snowfall you're plowing.

If it's per push you'd do it cheaper, not higher, takes less time equals less money.

3. SnowOps

SnowOps Junior Member

all seasonal

4. DERHNTR

DERHNTR Junior Member

I use 2 inches unless customer has different needs, 4 inch trigger has higher price. Most customers just rely on me to plow when needed.

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Well if you get only 1-2 inches your making a special trip just for him,so charge double what it would be at 2 inches then add another 20% for aggravation.

6. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Do you salt these sites, are you expected to get the sites black?