1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tried the sample can of FF

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Koonta, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Koonta

Koonta Junior Member

Dan sent me a sample can of FF and mother nature sent some snow,[thanks to both], so I sprayed the probably the bottom 1/3 of my plow. One of the drives I have is more of a sod two-track so I save it for last, right after a 75 yd. dirt run to an LP tank, needless to say I move dirt until it freezes up, both spots are too ruff to just raise the blade. Anyway the blade was clean after both, how nice, the only thing I've found worst than water freezing and holding snow on the blade is dirt. I'm sold on this stuff. Just thought I should say something, not that I don't believe everything I read here, but the FF was free and everybody was bragging about it, so I had to try it. If you haven't you should.

2. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

I tried it last year and feel I must have misused it. I swept off my blade, coated it witht he free can of FF and did my driveway. After I was done i had the usual 150lb of snoe and ice stuck to the front of the moldboard.

Too many people have had too much success with the product though, so I did somehting wrong...supposed to buff it out or something?

3. Koonta

Koonta Junior Member

I just broomed the existing dirt and snow off and sprayed, no big deal.

4. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

its not that you did something wrong, its that making surfaces slippery isn't exactly what it was designed for. FF works best as an anti-corrosion agent, a side benefit is that it helps prevent snow from sticking, but this is not always the case.

5. VPRacing

VPRacing Member

If you want something to make it slick.... Try silicone spray. Works amazing. :)