1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tried fluid film for the first time

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by Dagwell, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Dagwell

Dagwell Junior Member

Tried Fluid film for the first time. I went rite to a 5 gallon pail. I was a little suprised at the the odd smell and the weird color. I started by spraying a plow with the undercoat gun. I was amazed how it stuck to the steel no matter how thick you spray it it doesn't run. I have since sprayed my dump bed and salter and plan on spraying my backhoe and many other things. Im sold for life i always used to spray wd40 on all my stuff. Heres a pic it leaves such a nice film on everything IMAG0101.jpg

IMAG0101.jpg

2. snowdance

snowdance Junior Member
    from Ontario

That stuff is amazing! You will love it!

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

About time,we've been waiting for you!

4. snowcrazy

snowcrazy Senior Member
    from ohio

what spray gun did you use?? I bought a sprayer from garbage freight and it didnt do near as good of a job. the gun I used just kinda "splattered it out in a spatter type pattern. Not nice like that. Thanks!

5. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

Thanks for the pic and the feedback! Glad to hear it's working well for you...Thumbs Up

6. Dagwell

Dagwell Junior Member

I used the undercoat gun from the rust store where i bout the FF. I was using no regulator at about 120 psi and it was kinda spattering out for me also but with a little practice i was able go get it to coat well. It was def a little thicker than it probably needs to be but it was better than brushing it on. One of these days im gong to pick up a wagner sprayer and try that out im hoping it puts a thinner more even coat on.

7. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I like the smell of it.

8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Do you like the smell of napalm in the morning too?:D

9. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Nah, just gun powder & expended explosives. Thumbs Up

10. snorider075

snorider075 Senior Member

They sell a spray kit for it with refillable bottles. It works great!!!

11. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

All it takes is one use of FF to see how much
    WD 40 sucks.I spray it on all my Tuna reels
    for the winter and its the best,easy to clean off too.

12. crazyboy

crazyboy Senior Member
    from NJ

Got my sample, coated the blade of my plow with it. Have had heavy rainfalls and it hasn't effected the film at all. Will definitely be making a purchase shortly!

13. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

its a little pricey though i think

14. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

not compared to the cost of rust repair.....and replacement of rusted out stuff......

15. Red02F250

Red02F250 Senior Member

It definitely lasts. I undercoated my truck back in November I think and it still has a visible film, even though I know it will still be helping as it is embedded in the metal pores if the film gets washed away.

16. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

I use FF on everything i own.. I introduced my dad to it recently, he wanted to use Wd40 on our boat lift cables and pullies. I said not a chance, lets coat it once and forget about it.. So far so good and it stays wet almost all the time.. I also use it in the engine bay of my boat, like on the battery terminals and things for winter storage.

17. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

Awesome testimonials! Thanks guys!

18. PDQ Pete

PDQ Pete Senior Member

I used fluid film on my hair clippers.:)

19. doyles

doyles Member

still waiting for my sample

20. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

Still waiting for garlic flavor for cooking.