1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

tree vs. f250....

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by metallihockey88, Dec 12, 2009.

1. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

well last night was a real interesting night. went to my buddys house in the city for a little while but called it an early night since i had to work early this morning. drop my other buddy off and start heading home. come driving cast an intersection and some stupid zipper heads in a honda accord i think come flying up to the stop sign and end up halfway in the intersection. i veer out wide to avoid them and with it being 20 degrees out and a buncha snow and ice on the ground, lost control of my truck going around a 45 degree sweeping turn. by the time i got the truck straightened out i was heading right towards a house. slammed on the brakes and slid up the driveway clipping a car on the street and on the driveway that i managed to go in betweeen and smoked the tree in the front yard. needless to say those little bastards took off nad i didnt get a plate or nothing so its all on me. glass shattered all over me, cuts on my face and hands and mirror swung around and smacked me in the head i think since got a couple big bruises and scrapes on my head. was way more concerned about my truck then myself, thats my baby right there. without further adue, enjoy :drinkup:

wreck 1.JPG

wreck 2.JPG

wreck 3.JPG

wreck 4.JPG

wreck 5.JPG
  2. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Wow, your lucky. I'd get to the body shop first thing monday. New door and half door lloks to be the biggest damage. Unless it damaged the roof, when the door got pushed in. Maybe they can get you fixed up quick.
  3. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Ouch. Good thing is your ok. The truck can be fixed.
  4. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

OUCH! That'll put a damper on your day for sure! Glad to hear you're more or less okay though!
  5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Sorry about your accident, glad you were not seriously injured.

You really have your priorities screwed up IMO. The truck is steel, glass, and plastic. They make dozens of them everyday. It will be rusted away in a few years, and crushed.

God made only one of you.
  6. metallihockey88

I know I know. Thankful that I'm ok and no one else was hurt but man I wanted to cry. Still do lol
  7. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

I know i would. I get emotionally attach to my truck. I would have felt like my dog died or something. :cry:
  8. metallihockey88

Yea my mom said she coulda sworn someone shot my dog lol
  9. Lil STX Ford

Lil STX Ford Senior Member

man o man.... i would of ran faster then forest Gump!! to catch the baste## in the rice burner, and shove something so deep up his arse....

Good thing Fords are tuff and kept you safe.. and that your OK
  10. K1500 4x4

K1500 4x4 Senior Member

that really sucks. i dont know what id do if that happend to my truck.
  11. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

man that sucks, glad your ok. i wouldn't be able to sleep if my truck got smashed. :(

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

i feel ya on the wanting to cry part, i watched a girl wad up my 72 nova when i was a kid, i got 1500 and could'nt replace the car for that, it always hurts more when ya crack em up,not so much when ya sell em because then your saying thank god i unloaded that pos.
  13. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Good thing you didn't bend the frame.
  14. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

lucky, coulda been much worse. the truck can be fixed or replaced....

i understand your pain. i got rear-ended in my father's mint 77 bronco...... told the guy not to come near me untill i didn't look like i was gonna kill him......
  15. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

That suck but at least your ok.

I had the same thing happen the other day. I was coming up to a stop sign to turn left and this truck was flying up to the road and did not slow down wet pavement and I told my kids here we go and then he saw me and hit the brakes and we had to be inches from head on.
  16. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Wow, hope everything works out ok. Hopefully you'll see those little ****s in that car again sometime. I feel bad for them when you do. eh I changed my mind...they got it coming.