1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Trecan 40 Ton Snowmelter

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by NE Snowmelting, Sep 25, 2007.

1. NE Snowmelting

NE Snowmelting Junior Member
    from 02333

This is our portable melter..

2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I would love to see that thing in action. If you've got any pics or a video please share. I see those machines on the news whenever NYC gets hit with a monster storm and I've always been intrigued.

3. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

I use to load a 100 ton unit at EWR....with an old as skunk Fiat-Allis front loader..The trick to those jammies is to load as fast as you can to keep it full... otherwise you get steamed out and cant see squat...:eek:

4. NE Snowmelting

from 02333

100 Ton is no joke! The 40 ton is a bit more user friendly, for solo missions.

5. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

My bad.... This is what I use to load...It is the 350 ton unit...not this exact one but pretty much the same size and shape...it definately was no joke !! EWR had quite a few of them
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 27, 2007
  6. NE Snowmelting

from 02333

What do you think that 350 ton is worth an hour?:confused: Every snow state should have 1.

7. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

I am looking at buying one for an account I have as opposed to hauling. Any price or info you can give me. Is it built per order or do they keep stock. What will you be charging per hour. Mine will be for a contract but I am talking to other companies about them using me for their snow removal. They burn like 40-60 gallons of diesel an hour I read on one site.

8. NE Snowmelting

from 02333

Our 40 ton machine burns about 60 gallons per hour. At that pace you would be melting 40 tons of snow. The machine we have now retails for around $200,000. usa. We lease our machine monthly with a 4 month min. We purchased a Trecan machine and are very pleased with it. Email me for more info joel_yz@hotmail.com