1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Treated Salt in South Jersey??

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Jersey Push, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Jersey Push

Jersey Push Junior Member

Im still new posting things on this site but not a new reader. Im still learning about "Treated Salt." My Father and I buy bulk salt every year (100 Tons) on a good year,but not treated or anything mixed in, it just plain. What are some options and why is it better. if someone could explain this to me and it makes cents i would probably switch. And if it could be delivered to Burlington County NJ. Thank you all.
  2. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Treated salt such as Magic will be effective down to app.--30* while untreated salt is good down to app.25*.Magic will also start deicing much quicker and also has residual properties,useful somewhat for the next event.Then,there is also the EPA certification that comes from it being environmentally friendly to vegetation,animals,and it won't cause corrosion.The side benefit is if you like the smell of molasses,it just smells great.:)I fully endorse it and use it exclusively.
  3. bpersichetti

bpersichetti Sponsor