1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

treadwright

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Greenery, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Greenery

Greenery 2000 Club Member

For those who are using treadwright tires, Are you running the wardens or sentinels?

2. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

One truck has Wardens, one has Guard Dog. I asked for BF Goodrich casing on the Wardens and they look great. Guard Dogs are a little noisy though.

3. abbottfarm

abbottfarm Senior Member
    from Maine

I have heard horror stories in the past with retreaded small tires (though I do run retreads on my drives on my big trucks). That said, are you guys that run these tires having good luck with them? Do you run them year round? If so do you tow much with them during the summer months?

4. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member

Yea Guard Dogs are pretty noisy, when they are new it sounds like a bunch of B2 bombers are flying overhead. The wardens as you can see are pretty similar to BFG A/T's.

I wish I had gone with the sentinels. They look great and I saw good reviews for them.

Don't waste your time asking to get specific casings as a week later they will tell you they can't find them and just stick you with BFG casings.

5. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Retreads have come a long way over the years. Search this site and you will find nothing but good reviews on Treadwright.
    That's why I bought them. Just installed all 8 this season so I can't comment on them in summer usage. I bought mine with Kedge and from what I read, they won't wear well in the summer because of the soft compound. But I bought them to plow with.....

6. abbottfarm

abbottfarm Senior Member
    from Maine

You are correct that recaps have come a long ways, I loose hardly any on my big trucks now a days. I've just seen pictures of bedsides and front fenders stove up pretty bad from caps on pickups. I'm curious about trying a set, but I tow a lot in the summer time with my pickups so I'd like to know how they hold up for that.

7. Greenery

Greenery 2000 Club Member

Well I ended up ordering the sentinels with kedge. They do look like a nice tire. I was really torn between the wardens and the sentinels.

8. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member

What truck are you putting them on?

9. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

So I ordered a set of Treadwrights
    i really wanted the guard dogs, but decided to not take a chance with them not being the best tire for snow this year and go with the wardens.
    They just sent an email today they should be here friday, and if they work out we will order another set for the other dodge
    I ordered 285/70/17 wardens, wanted the Guard dogs...........the i saw the Pumas!! Those look sweet.
    will post pics when we mount them and update as we go along this winter for sure.

10. Mdwstsnow512

Mdwstsnow512 Senior Member

we have them on our 550's

tow and haul daily with them

would buy them again in a heartbeat

little over a year on them with no issues