1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

trany time

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by earnies2, Dec 25, 2008.

1. earnies2

earnies2 Senior Member

Well out plowing and startted having problems....whean in reverse it felt like my brakes were sticking....than i notested in neteral the truck was chuggoin foward... so i took it easy for the rest of the storm and than pulled the unit....this is the 4 th unit ai have put in my truck 2 under waurentee The shop that did the last 3 I deceided not to give him #4 also whean i did #3 i told him to do any upgrades or mods we thought i needed he said he put all steal bearings, a shift kit and Billet converter ......well to my suprise whean the new shop took it apart he found alumiumn howsings on the gears not steel and a forged iron converter ......he rebiult the unit with 6 gear steel gears...a new billet steel drum...kevlar clutches..new steels..shift kit and triple disc billet converter..I saw all the new parts before thay installed them ..well all i have to do is install it...I also found an oil leak on the back of my motor its the oil gally plug on the drivers side and my ebp valve on my turbo pedistel is leaking at the rod...so i think i will pull the turbo and take care of the leaks while im there...I also notest the fuel line at the back of the head on the drivers side is crimped......more work...:gunsfiring: :dizzy:

2. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

If you want to spend the money on the last transmission you will ever need for you truck their are really only two builders in the country that can guarantee that.

First one is BTS, Brians Truck Shop, He's warranties are second to none. I think it's a 2 year no questions ask return policy no matter what you have done to your truck. Usually he says "Go ahead, I dare you to break it", they can build it to whatever spec you need. And everyone says that are some of the best customer service provided. Many high HP ford have a BTS behind them. I think he's warrantied truck beyond the two year period as well.

http://www.brianstruckshop.com/index.html

Next one is John Woods Transmissions, similar results here from him.

http://jwtt.com/

You can't go wrong with either one. If you plan on keeping your truck, spend the money now on a built tranny and avoid the extra headache and money down the road.

My truck will get a BTS when the stocker goes out.

Hmmmm...On Edit, I just saw that you already had the trans rebuild, guess it's too late, I hope you have better luck with the new trans.

3. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

Dude I hope you ripped that guy at the old shop a new ass and demanded your money back,

4. Spitz

Spitz Senior Member

Spell check? Bueller, bueller, bueller

5. earnies2

earnies2 Senior Member

I looked at the trany shops on the sites i belong to Brians is highley recomended... But i have a problemI use my truck for work and if it goes down time is money and the time to send a unit back to the builder and have him fix it and send it back to me is too long I got my trany back in 1 day becaus he had every thing in stock to do an E4OD . And i saw what he put in to it the 6 gear steel planets new sun gear, the new foward drum the kevlar high energy clutches and the tripple disc billet converter.......and a fast turn around the shop has a good rep .......ussmileyflag

6. DCSpecial

DCSpecial Senior Member
    from IL

I run a BTS on my 01 and love it.

Like anything there are failures...but few and far between with the BTS.

I've driven very, very hard with the trans running 38-40" tires for the last 3.25 years and it's never missed a beat.