1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Transporting your quads??

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by born2farm, Nov 26, 2008.

1. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

Ok. This year I will be plowing only residentials and using my quad. My question is where do you guys park your trucks and trailers while plowing? Most jobs I can park in town and ride to but the rest in the country I cant. Any ideas? Im thinking about having some one ride with me and have them circle the block while I plow..HELP!! I dont want to have to turn these jobs down.

2. Elwer Lawn Care

Elwer Lawn Care PlowSite.com Addict

Lets see if i can try to figure this some more this time. How far apart are the ones in the country?

3. born2farm

well the one i just got today is no where nere my other country jobs. its close but its all state routes that are highly traveld. i would say within 5 mi of any job

4. Elwer Lawn Care

Any relitives or friends live around close to park at? That would be the best option.

5. born2farm

well on some of them yes but this one is out in the middle of no where on a state route. so you can see parking on the road is not an option.

6. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Is there a side road any where ?

7. Elwer Lawn Care

Id say park on the edge of road but being state route and if its more than a few inches your screwed.

8. born2farm

yes there is a side road close. do you think i should just park the truck there and run the light bar and go plow quick and come back?

9. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

i would ....

10. born2farm

well if the clap would i can..lol but if i was the clap i would also have a plow truck and wouldnt be worrying about this.lol

11. pby98

pby98 Member

i drive my atv everywhere. never had had a problem with it. i would just park on the side road

12. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

Damn Stright!

If you have any problems, Just them I got the Clap, and He said I could....

Then ask them if they want the Clap :D

13. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

Why cant you just park on the property?

14. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Because he probably doesn't want to drive on the snow if he can help it before he plows. Atv plows don't have the weight of a truck plow to scrape up packed down snow from being driven on.

15. born2farm

Lol clap. I got your cell number on my contract for any complaint calls..lol jk.

And I dont park on the property because what good would that do. I would pack the snow down plus with my truck and trailer it would take up most of the drive so I could never get it plowed good and efficiently.

16. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

NO Problem YGH

17. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Park on the edge of road then when you have the end of the driveway plowed out park your truck at the end of the driveway.

18. RLTimbs

RLTimbs Member

Like this?

[​IMG]
    or
    [​IMG]
    or

I think my ZR2 is loaded a LITTLE TO much..
    [​IMG]
    or
    [​IMG]

Seriously though.. there is no church, store, etc, etc parking lot to park in? Or maybe a pull off aread

19. born2farm

no this is out in the middle of know where. im thinking about trying to get the neighbors drive to plow so i can park in one then plow and then move and plow the other. if not ill just park on the side road.

20. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

How long could you possible be there for drop the gate leave the truck and bar running plow then back the trailer in. if not just leave it in the road and be out in less then 10 mins.