1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Transporting Plow - Not wired

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by plowandski, Feb 10, 2011.

1. plowandski

plowandski Member

I've picked up a 7'6'' western standard blade unimount... I've ordered all the electrical for the truck side, but nothing is wired yet. My question is, can I attatch the plow to the truck, jack the blade up and adjust the chain to keep the plow raised while I transport it to the installer? Should I just load it back up into the bed? I'd much rather just attatch it and shorten the chain to keep it raised. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. jb1390

jb1390 Senior Member

you could jack it up and drive it very easily.

3. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Yes, it can be done, assuming you have the mount on the truck already. How far are you taking it? If it's just a short distance, you should be fine. But going a long distance without the ability to adjust the plow for airflow seems like a bad idea, and I'd personally put it in the bed.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

My only concern would be a lack of front turn signals, not a insurmountable issue but you will need to be aware oncoming traffic (particularly the police) is not aware of your intentions.

5. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

if its not too far of a drive id just hook ti to the truck and jack it up. it should be fine as long as you keep an eye on the temp gauge to make sure your engine is getting enough air flow

6. plowandski

plowandski Member

Thanks for the advice guys... it's only a 20 minute drive to the installer

7. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

jack it / strap or chain it / drive it. Thumbs Up