1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Transporting ATV, etc

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by INJon, Dec 19, 2007.

1. INJon

INJon Junior Member
    from Indiana

How do u guys transport ur ATVs, Loaders, etc. to each job? trailer or what?

Last edited: Dec 19, 2007
  2. Dailylc

Dailylc Senior Member

I use an 8' tilt trailer to haul my atv. I back it on the trailer and drop the blade behind a cleat that way I don't have to strap it down each time I am done using it. Works great for me. What part of Indiana are you from?

3. INJon

INJon Junior Member
    from Indiana

I'm from NWI

I'm not old enough to plow yet, but was just wondering,

4. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

I haul my atv on my truck but its a pain
  5. Petr51488

Petr51488 Senior Member

Same here. I have a set of aluminum ramps that i use to get it on and off. First the plow comes off, then the atv goes up, then the plow goes on the truck. It takes time, but what can you do? I don't really want to spend 1k on a dinky trailer as i have an enclosed.
  6. Smitty58

Smitty58 Senior Member

I used a custom built hitch hauler a couple of years ago. Now I have a 4x4 truck and no quad ,but this worked. I had the hitch hauler made just for the quad ,cost me $200. If you can weld it can be built for under $100. I have a pic but can't get it to upload ,but basically it's a large hitch hauler that just slides into your receiver. I think it was 42" x 63" ,not sure about that. Didn't have to remove the plow just drive it up on the ramp and strap it down.
  7. Smitty58

Smitty58 Senior Member

I found my original post with picture on this topic ,but can't figure out how to attach it. If you search for "my new heavy duty hitch hauler" you will see it.