1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Transmissions sliping on 05 Ford F250 SD

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by iakentdoz, Dec 2, 2007.

1. iakentdoz

iakentdoz Senior Member

After plowing for about 4 last night my (4 speed auto) transmissions is slipping real bad. When I go in reverse the truck does not want to back up. If I baby it, it will back up, but not very fast. I think it's slipping in forward gear too. When I start out in first gear (auto trans) it will now clunk, if I get on the gas to fast.

So, what's up. Torque converter bad? How hard/much to replace if so. Man it's all ways something.

Thanks,
    Kent

2. tom5301

tom5301 Member

My f250 done the same thing we had the trans replaced.It ran around 1300.00 to have a shop do it.

3. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Bad converter will cause same issues forward or reverse. Trannys junk

4. kah68

kah68 Senior Member

when they rebuild it put a temp gauge on it, and a bigger or seconadry cooler on it.

5. streetfrog

streetfrog Senior Member

Also DON"T ever run with your hazard lights on. It sends a signal to your torque converter solenoid to shut off/on. So basicly your solenoid does a non stop on/off on/off and cooks your tranny. Only does it with fords. I work at a tranny shop so I do know what I am talking about.