1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

transmission

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by dieselpusher, Sep 9, 2008.

1. dieselpusher

dieselpusher Senior Member

ugh guys im having that ford transmission problem in my ford f250 surging and banging into gear:realmad:

someone said its a solenoid on top of the transmission but i dont know

its a 95 f250 diesel

does anyone have an e4od trans??

2. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

What last time you change fluid and filter? Do you have cooler for this?

Did someone use this truck wrong way? Like you drive forward then shift to reserve to quick cause feel pound on cab. It happened to guy who hate Ford E250 so it cost him $3,000 since it was company van so he is responsible due his bad abuse to company van. I saw transmission it was crack inside where gear's bushing to cast.

I know one of my friend have 2002 F250 that transmission won't shift it stay 1 gear. He sent to shop for rebuilt it. Now it work great but I notice it shift hard than our F250 that never have problem with transmission at 255,000 miles but him truck have 96,000 miles.

3. dieselpusher

just had it flushed and filter change and the E pack was changed. it will be fine until i keep a constant speed around a turn then speed up it will rev up the finally slam into a gear. then go into limp mode with the OD light flashing

4. Milwaukee

I do remember that it happened with 1989 f250 that my friend bought for cheap so found that transmission is bad it do same thing that you say od blink. He replace with jasper e40d so it last 100K miles until now it junk due rust on f250 because it been sit on gravel.

I say bite bullet replace transmission. How many miles on it now?

His f250 have 100K miles then original transmission died.

5. dieselpusher

yeah.... 170,000 its been replaced once before i beleive

6. Milwaukee

Well it could be bad torque convertor.

Do your friend or someone have computer scanner? They can find transmission problem. Since e40d are electronic so it could be many stuff.

Is this still under warranty?

7. dieselpusher

i was thinking maybe a TC but what are the symptoms of a shot torque converter