1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

transmission swap

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by richard lepech, Jan 12, 2002.

1. richard lepech

richard lepech Junior Member

1987 full size blazer----------- question it has a 700r4 transmission, what do i have to do to replace trans with a turbo 350? please tell what all has to be replaced. thank you.drive shafts .front axle? rear axle? transfer case?
  2. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Find a turbo 350/ np 208 combo and it will be a direct bolt in.
    However buying a rebult 700R4 will probably be cheaper, and still give you OD. Look into summit or another performance catologe company and they should have a product for your application.
  3. RTallday

RTallday Member

I wouldnt even bother with the TH 350 if you have a 700r4 in there now. I think your best bet would be to have the 700r4 rebuilt, seeing as they have been updated like 20 times. You will still have the overdrive gear which is great. Why do you want to swap to a TH350? If you still want to swap, i would go with the bulletproof TH400. Its up to you though, so good luck and keep us posted.