1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Transmission programmer for 2006 F 150

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by BKFC255, Dec 29, 2010.

1. BKFC255

BKFC255 Senior Member

I would like to firm up the shifts on my 2006 F 150. I was wondering if there is a programmer or tuner for only the tran? I dont want and need a engine tuner just the tranny. But that seems to be all I can find.

2. svt2205

svt2205 Member

I'm not aware of anyone selling a programmer that just tunes the transmission. I run a Gryphon on my 07 and am really pleased with the overall improvements. Both engine and transmission.

Check them out. http://www.powerhungryperformance.com/

Bill does custom tuning and can certainly make up tunes to just improve your trans shifts.

3. treesnsnow

treesnsnow Member

programmer for f150

i have a 2005 f150 5.4l and i have a edge programmer it has 3 different settings i use the towing setting and its great. yes it effects both the engine and trans but you can custom set the settings so in your case you could leave the engine alone and just firm up the shifts. its great for plowing and we all know that a little harder shift instead of slipping ofthe trans will be much better for the trans in the long run hope this helps

4. BKFC255

BKFC255 Senior Member

thanks guys. any issues with warrenty?. I have a extended warrenty and dont want screw myself out of the rest of it since it cost 1500.00. Treesnsnow which edge programmer do you have?

5. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Your best bet for the trans is call Eric at Innovative Diesel. He custom tunes SCT's for what every you want. He can write you tunes for just the trans. Great guy and even better tuning.
    http://innovativediesel.com/
    Robert

6. treesnsnow

treesnsnow Member

bkfc255 i have the edge "evolution"" programmer its great plug you can keep a eye on temps or other information you may want to know.

7. BKFC255

BKFC255 Senior Member

Thanks guys for the help.

8. Yooper75

Yooper75 Senior Member

If you are going to put a tuner on your truck go with a SCT Xcal 3. I had one for my my F150 and loved it and there are a number of guys that tune them.

Innovative Diesel
    Power Hungry Performance
    Troyer Performance (Probably the best F150 tuner out there but has a long wating period for tunes)
    VMP Tuning