1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

transmission pan question

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by snowlovr, Feb 10, 2012.

1. snowlovr

snowlovr Junior Member

OK, from what I have seen that to help with overheating transmissions. that a double deep pan is recommended along with a transmission temp gauge. Are there better ones then others or what does everyone use for both? Have a 2007 2500 with 5.9 cummins, think the trans is 48RE. Thanks again for the help and really love this site. Nothing like a bunch of plow guys helping each other. I have learned a lot from you guys, Thanks again.
  2. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

3. snowlovr

snowlovr Junior Member

thanks, thats a big help.
  4. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Anytime, and in reality its cheap insurance for the transmission. Check out some reviews of it, it really works.
  5. 08SnowPusher

08SnowPusher Member

I run the Mag-Hytec trans pan on my 68RFE. ATS makes a nice one as well. The main difference between these and the summit pan is the material. The summit pan, I believe, is steel. The others are aluminum which dissipates heat faster. And yes, they work very well.
  6. dm5.9

dm5.9 Member

I have this on my built 48re helps big time, plus its double deep so it holds extra fluid