1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Transmission maintenence

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Brad M., Jun 27, 2005.

1. Brad M.

Brad M. Member
    from Texas

Just did the 48,000 mile oil change yesterday evening and was thinking maybe I should have the tranny fluid serviced. What do you folks recommend? Synthetic fluids? Opinions? Truck is a 2003 2500HD with 6.0 .....Thanks for any and all advice.

2. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

I've had my truck since new in '97. Every spring I do either a normal filter and fluid swap of the tranny or a complete power flush - alternating. Becuase I do this every year I have not thought much about synthetic as the GM approved stuff should be just fine.

3. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

i would have it flushed with regular atf and you will be fine if they drop the pan you will only get 4quarts if you have it flushed they will run 20qts. threw it and then it will get all the fluid out of the torque converter.