1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Transmission help

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by frozen1, Jan 21, 2005.

1. frozen1

frozen1 Junior Member

I have a 99 Nissan Frontier with 6.5 Meyers, plowed the other day for a couple of hours, no problems, today I come back from the store and notice some red stuff in the snow, not where it was parked since the other day, just where I moved it, anyway my first thougth is Hydraulic fluid, no leaks, then I notice the drip from under the truck !

The truck drives perfect, transmission is not rough at all and I am pretty gentle with it plowing.. Is my Transmission toast ?? Leak is pretty bad..

help...

2. face-shot

face-shot Junior Member
    from NH

Depends how u look at it.

An over heater burnt up transmission usually wont leak. Make sure its not something simple like the pan gasket or the cooler lines. If it shift fine theres probably no major damage. But is leaking out the front pump or something the cost to get it fixed might no be that far form a full overhaul.

3. tacraven

tacraven Junior Member

locate the source of the leak. Both the tranny and the transfer case take red tranny oil. I have used transmission Stop-leak sold at Advance, or any auto-part depot. The stop leak is red/pink and clear. It will not plug the leak, instead it replenishes the seals.

4. frozen1

frozen1 Junior Member

Got it looked at today, transmission lines are rusted up pretty bad. The guy is going to replace them but I cant get it done until Monday.... After the big storm they are forcasting for here....
    Oh well, it could be worse.....

thanks guys ....