1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Transmission Flush?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by schuitb, Dec 6, 2005.

1. schuitb

schuitb Member

Hello all, I just got my transmission flushed and driveline axle(s) fluid changed.. After leaveing the dealer, I noticed that the tranny would growl and hesitate/stall inbetween shifting into the final gear at 80 kph.. (45 mph).. similar to a worn or loose bearing. This would happen with overdrive off and on.. Could this be the transmission/computer relearning how to shift? I've had no other problems and this was just a routine maitanence job.. Milage is 42,500 kms. Thanks for the help, if the noise does'nt go away in a day or too i'm bringing it back to the dealer to have it looked at again...:realmad: ;)
  2. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Well, the flush can dislodge contaminants and deposit them somewhere else- like a valve body passage blocking oil flow..... could cause delay in gear engagement because oil pressure has to build higher to engage OR longer for the same volume to pass an area (like to enter a hydraulic solenoind).

I think you're within reason to go back to them and have it checked out
  3. festerw

festerw Senior Member

Also make sure they actually filled it with ATF+4, the dealer should know that but it's a possibility.
  4. JSLandscaping

JSLandscaping Junior Member

Have you checked the fluid level? I have had my tranny flushed twice since I got my truck and both times they didnt fill it all the way. Usually happens when they check it in park like most other vehicles are checked in. Make sure they tranny is checked in neutral while the vehicle is running. Usually if its checked in park it will be low by about 2 quarts or so. My truck would make a whinning sound if it is low on fluid in reverse and even stall out. Id start with checking your fluid level and then go from there.....

5. schuitb

schuitb Member

I still have that noise...:confused: with a hot or cold tranny, when the final gear changes there is a rattle/vib noise for a second.. I'll take it out of overdrive and then put it back in o/d. and there is no noise.. It usually happens coming from a full stop or low speed... Thanks for the replies and suggestions.. I will check the fluid and go back to the dealer.. Good news is i don't plow at the high speeds:nono: I'll keep you all posted on the cause.. Thanks again..