1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Transmission Cooler

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by IA Farmer, Nov 15, 2004.

1. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

I am looking at putting a transmission cooler on my 1997 Dodge and was wandering who makes a good one and what size to get, oh and also if there is anything else I should know before I get one. Thanks

JKOOPERS Senior Member

i just put one on my 2000 sierra a few months a ago only like $60. high performanace 3 core the more core the better and make sure you use the right tranny line to go into the cooler. u want it to go through the radiator and then go to the cooler and then into the tranny. auto zone and advanced auto parts
  3. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member

Sorry I have to disagree with this one.
    You want to go through the aux cooler first, and then to the radiator.
    The aux cooler helps to take the load off the radiator.
    And running through the radiator second warms up the fluid on those cold days.
    Maybe I got this one wrong, but that is what the told me in the automotive class in technical college, about 10 years ago.
  4. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

the biggest honking sob you can get and then wrote it to the rad last so you dont have to worry about overcooling.

setrab makes really good stuff. I think earls gets thier coolers from them.

Dont attach em with those goofy little zip tie thingys that come with it and go through the radiator! Make some brakets or anything but running stuff through the radiator!