1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Transmission cooler lines

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 06Sierra, Mar 4, 2012.

1. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

My trans cooler lines are starting to seep some. Does anyone know what the part numbers are for them? Or the best place to get them from? This is in a 2006 1500 Sierra with the 5.3L. Thanks.

2. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Don't get OEM replacements because I guarantee they will leak also as GM still can not make a proper crimp and a beefy hose to begin with.Lots of good info on the DP of how to fix yours or where to buy already made up lines depending on your mechanical abilities.To give you one option I used all flexible lines from a vendor there on my Allison.

3. 06Sierra

from Maine

One of the guys I work with used to be a mechanic at a GM dealership. He is going to give me a hand changing them out. Thanks.

4. tuney443

Up to you but you will spend less money on aftermarket replacements that will not leak vs. OEM ones that are destined to leak,especially when it's cold out.

5. 06Sierra

from Maine

That doesn't surprise me. I just need to find the right aftermarket lines.

6. 06Sierra

from Maine

There are three lines, correct? I can only seem to find two.

7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

8. tuney443

9. gunsworth

gunsworth Senior Member

go to your parts store and get an aftermarket universal trans cooler. I just did this on my 02 with a 5.3. the aftermarket cooler i got was around 50$ and at least twice as big and just had slip on connections, so i just cut off the gm crap, slid the rubber on and clamped them on.

it was tricky to get it to fit, i used a peice of 3/4in angle iron as a support which may have been overboard...

10. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I was thinking the lines might be the same. I just took my lines off my truck and took them to a local hydraulic place and they fixed them for me, Was a lot cheaper then Tony also.

11. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

I cut the clamps off and put on worm clamps Ive done hunderes never had a probelm. I would not try it on an allison trans.

12. oneoldsap

oneoldsap Senior Member

Those are a dealer item .