1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Transferring RT2 vplow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by My76f250, Aug 9, 2010.

1. My76f250

My76f250 Senior Member

Ive got a question..Im in the process of getting and older 8'2" v plow. Its an RT2 mounting off an 88 f-350...what do i have to do to make the mount fit my 95 f-250? the plow has only been used twice in its life an has not been off the truck since day 1...Its currently on a 2x4 88 f350 mason dump in a cemetary. I was told i can buy an RT3 mounting for the 95 and use the side plates from that mount and the cross member from the rt2 mount. Somebody clue me in please...Oh and it has the older rocker box controller..can that be upgraded to the newer joystick at all??? Thanks
  2. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Yes...swap the push beams and you will be good to go. Any of the controllers will plug right up as well,joystick or smart touch
  3. My76f250

My76f250 Senior Member

Really?? Wow Jim. thanks alot. BTW are the new formed cutting edges compatible with the older blades?