1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Transfercase Alum Shift Bracket

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Avitare, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Friend broke his transfercase shifter on a 93 F350
    He is in 4Wdrive -- all the time
    Looking for a used replacement
  2. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

ive been looking for one also i have a 94 f250 with the same problem. you can go underneith and take it out of 4wd by moving the lever on the transfer case
  3. you havent seen the size of Tony
    if he got under there, we would have to jerk him out with the tow strap
  4. pwrstroke6john

pwrstroke6john Senior Member

I did the same thing this summer, I ended up having a friend weld it back togather. I would check all the junkyards for one though.
  5. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

Good luck finding one, They are hard to find. Broke em in both of my trucks. Have to hunt the junk yards.
  6. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

They can be welded. Just make sure u soak it real good after welding in some type of oil. They usually break because of it binding or completely being seized up.
  7. wls

wls Senior Member

thats what I had done also.
  8. Tony cant find a replacement locally but we have an excellent welder and that
    may be the best option.
    I havent seen the damage but your encouragement makes the effort worth a shot