1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Transfer Case

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by JPMAKO, Feb 15, 2006.

1. JPMAKO

JPMAKO Senior Member

Sunday Snow Ate My Transfer Case:cry:

One of my drivers is in Florida, so I had a friend cover for him in my 89 F-250.
    Last driveway on his route the nextel goes off "Hey the truck won't go into gear" So I say I'll be right there and when I get there my other driver already has the rope connected to pull him out with the other F-250. Looked at it today. Transfer case chain must have come off. I think a buddy of mine has a spare from a truck that he is stripping. Could have been worse I guess...
    Anybody else break anything?

Jason

2. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

it happens, i lost a spindle bearing in my 1993 ford f-250. easy fix, still sucks it broke.

i love your 89 f-250, we had an 88 with a 7.5ft meyer best truck we ever owned, went over 300,000 till we sold it and its still going as far as i kno. my dad bought it new. my 1993 is a great truck but it is starting to rust out fast, bought it 3 years ago with no rust at all, now its rusting out fast

Last edited: Feb 15, 2006