1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Transfer Case Shifter

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by smokley455, Mar 5, 2009.

1. smokley455

smokley455 Junior Member

Working on a 1979 1/2 ton with a 203 transfer case.

Could not get the truck into lo loc so I decided to inspect, clean & lubricate the shifter. Removed the shifter (was in Hi) and disassembled. Was very careful to remove one pc at a time and clean. Then I lubricated and installed the same way. I am about 90% sure everything was put back in the correct place and order. Can't seem to get shifter back into the same exact shift point when installing. I've tried 3 times but won't shift once installed. Any help or diagrams please.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Those old 203 shifter mechanisms can be a problem to get (and keep) working correctly when they're old or worn. And yes they can be a little confusing to correctly re-assemble once you have them apart.

Did you even attempt to shift the T-case by hand while you had the shifter rods disconnected?