1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

transfer case adapter plate

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Big Red, Jan 10, 2003.

1. Big Red

Big Red Junior Member

This is kinda a dumb question just because i haven't had time to look on my truck but is the trasfer case adapter part of the transmission case itself? if it isn't could i use a 2wd th-400 and put the adapter plate on it ?:confused: Thanks for all the help on the past threads guys. I don't think that my shop teacher could have answered some of them.
  2. Joey D

Joey D Senior Member

You would need to change the tail shaft on the trans.
  3. wyldman

wyldman Member

The adapter is not part of the trans,or transfer case.It it separate,and is alos used to mount it to the crossmember.

As stated above,to use a 2WD trans you wil need to change the output shaft to the correct one.You will also need to change the extension housing as well.Best to just swap the ones off your existing trans when you swap,as the 400's had a lot of different combos.
  4. 68bullit

68bullit Member

what transmission and transfer case combo are you trying to put together?

if you are doing a th400 to np205 case i have that adapter but if you are going th400 to np203 or np208 youll have a bear of a time matching that adapter
  5. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

might try checking out Advance Adapters they are big with the dual t-case adapters and different then stock applications