1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Transfer 29 series from k1500 to 99 f250

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by SE+C, Sep 11, 2009.

1. SE+C

SE+C Member

ok guys how much work is it going to be to transfer plow from one truck to the other and will my light harness work from one to the other

2. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

no I doubt it, regardless of the model plow. The chances of the trucks being compatible are slim..

4. SE+C

SE+C Member

my 29 series has the old style lights with the two seperate plugs not sure what about the serial number is didnt dig out my paper work yet plow is a 2004

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

6. slvrlkjeep12

slvrlkjeep12 Junior Member

I am looking at buying a snow way 29 series and it has a mount i was told for a ford or a dodge. Do you still have the mount from the GM 1500.

7. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

Yes, tell me what year and I will get you the p/n for the mount.

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

you will need a 99100553 or a 99100861 with a 99100950 center member. you will also need a set of 99100789 or 99100792 headlight adapters if you have EIS. If you have the old style headlights with a relay you will need a new harness and adapters as well. drop me a PM/Email with more info and I'll get you some prices.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  9. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

My answer was directed at the latest poster....slvrlkjeep12, who indicated that he wanted to put the plow on a GM 1500.

10. SE+C

SE+C Member

Sorry guys the mount went with the truck when i traded it in

11. slvrlkjeep12

yea I called a dealer and between the two mounts it was like $630 plus $85 for the headlight adapter. By the time I buy the plow for $1600 and buy all that stuff it isn't woth it to me. But I figured if I can find a used one it might be worth it.

12. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

1600 for a 29 series snoway? that would mean you could spend 900 and have a recent model snowplow that I'm assuming has down pressure. That's not a bad price for a good plow.

13. slvrlkjeep12

Yea it does have down pressure, but the dealer told me that if he had a used one in great shape it is only worth half installed of what a new one cost. So he acted like if he had that plow he would sell it for like $2250 installed. And that is about what I will have in it not installed. unless he just wanted me to buy a new one from him.

14. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Ask him what he wants for a new one?

15. slvrlkjeep12

I think it was like $4500 installed