1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by AA+ Landscaping, Oct 10, 2009.

1. AA+ Landscaping

AA+ Landscaping Senior Member

I have a 96 dodge 2500. I don't use it lot. When i go to use it it doesn't move right away. Seems to be like a trans fluid pick up or something like that. When driving it shifts fine.It only was 26000 miles on it.Last year a change the trans filter and fluid.

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Today is your lucky day!!!!!! I have had a few with the same issue, all whats wrong is the trans fluid draining back into the pan. While the truck is in park the pump in the trans is not working. Try puting the truck in N for a few moments before R or D, it will instantly ingage. The problem can be rectified but I wouldn't wory about it. Happy plowing !!!
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
  3. Dodge Plow Pwr

Dodge Plow Pwr Senior Member

I also have a 96 with 68K on it and it is in the shop for the exact same thing. It only gets used for plowing and maybe moving a trailer here and there. They told me it is a regulator valve. We will see. I will post more when I get it back to the shop.payup
  4. Grass Master

Grass Master Banned

He is correct, without modifications to the valve body the pump doesn't pump when left in "PARK". Place it in neutral for a minute and let the transmission build pressure. Good to go. FYI a transmission band adjustment is recomended every 24k miles.

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Change filter and fluids every season. Nice to have a peak at the old magnet on the bottom of the pan for clutch material.