1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by slclawn, Dec 11, 2006.

1. slclawn

slclawn Member
    from IN

I have trans temp gauge and last year I took my truck in to have the tranny serviced and I had already changed it at 15,000 mi. Well it just hit 30,000 thousand and the dealer said that there way was the best way to do it with some mashine. Two weeks later my trans burns up it goes to the dealer and they look at it and say some one put power stearing fluid in the tranny. They look at me like I did it and I said the last people who touched it was them two weeks ago. Then it was a differnt story they were like bouncing all over the place trying to blame some one. I said look I don't care who did it just fix it they are calling for more snow over all I am pritty happy with the dealer just that one time is all. But the funny thing is my temp guage never showed the tranny to be geting to hot any ideas on why?
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Was the fluid level correct?Did you check it after they did the work? How did they determine that it was filled with power steering fluid?
  3. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Power steering fluid would cause the clutches to slip and thus burn up pretty quick- the fluid didn;t over heat so the guage would show nothing. Wrong fluid doesn;t mean high temp fluid..
  4. slclawn

slclawn Member
    from IN

Yep I did check the fluid level and it was ok.prsport wesport