1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Trans temp gauge

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cumminswithplow, Dec 27, 2004.

1. cumminswithplow

cumminswithplow Senior Member

Anybody have any thoughts on aftermarket trans temp gauges. How important are they? What about installing grill guards to limit airflow since I have a diesel? "The Boss" what kind of banks modifications do you have?

2. DIESELRAM30

DIESELRAM30 Member

I f you are plowing with the truck I would definitely say go with the trans temp gauge. The last thing you want to do is overheat your auto, and burn it up. Especially if it is a dodge, thier transmissions heat up worse then ford or chevy. So in the end I think that a trans temp gauge is a good purchase.

3. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Good mod! :nod: Must have for plowing or serious towing. Auto meter makes a guage for just about everything.

4. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I've got the trans. command, intercooler, big head, chip, intake, and pillar guages(exhaust temp., trans.temp, and turbo boost)

5. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

I run a cold front on my truck I have a split grill and just run the top 1/2. Its a cluod rider stainless steel. Very cool. :cool: I can set you up with the guy I got mine from if interested. I tried running the factory fabric and the plow created some wierd low pressure wind zone thingy and it wouldnt stay put. I would not run a winter cover without a trans temp gauge though. And yes I would run a trans temp gauge.