1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Trans Temp Gauge 99 K2500

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by MikeRi24, Sep 4, 2011.

1. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

My "new" truck is a '99 K2500 454. I like the idea of having a trans temp gauge in it, like my 2006 has. I actually have an AutoMeter gauge that I had in my Jeep before I sold it. I had the sensor for that one tapped right into the transmission pan, and where it was tapped in it always dripped a little fluid and the gauge never seemed to read right. Is there a better location on the Chevy tranny to put the sensor or any kind of factory wiring I could tap into that would get me a reading on the gauge? Thanks guys!
  2. chevyman83

chevyman83 Member

I have an aftermarket gauge that was installed by previous owner on my 2000 k2500 454. It is very accurate and he tapped into the pan on the drivers side.
  3. Holland

Holland Senior Member

i've never ran one other than the factory ones, but most of the chevy guys i know with them just put them in the pressure test port on the side of the trans.