1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

trans squeeling

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by clark lawn, Feb 23, 2009.

1. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

while out plowing today my 94 f250 gasser started to make a squeeling noise from the trans when in drive, also seems like something is locking up. after i get it moving then its ok but you have to rev the hell out of it to get it going. does this mean the trans is shot? its at the trans shop right now they wont know anything till in the morning.

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Sounds to me like burnt fluid or a bad tranny.

3. fatboy

fatboy Senior Member

Yup! sounds like rear planet assembly going or gone, does the noise go away once it shifts to second gear? could also be your torque converter blowing up too. can you give more details.

4. clark lawn

from NE ohio

ya the noise goes away after it shifts to second, just seems like something is binding up. it takes alot of gas to get going, does not just rev but like i have a real heavy load on it.

5. clark lawn

from NE ohio

well the trans shop just called and said all kinds of metal in the pan needs a complete rebuild. oh well its cheaper than a new truck.

6. GatorDL55

GatorDL55 Senior Member

Pull-a-part on west 130th. They always have trucks in the year range if you don't mind getting cold while you are getting it yourself. You'll save some $$$

7. clark lawn

from NE ohio

im getting it rebuilt i checked into a used one but for the price i dont want to take a chance on it not lasting, this will come with a 3 year unlimited mile warrenty.

8. fatboy

fatboy Senior Member

better read the fine print on that warranty.....sounds too good to be true! :cry:

9. clark lawn

from NE ohio

5 year consumer 3 years commercial

10. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Well, just wait until you bring it back after you broke it. They will give you crap I'm sure.

11. clark lawn

from NE ohio

went and looked at the parts today they showed me a snap ring that brok and let a gear move and rub on another part. they think the trans is all original and it has 100k on it and has been a plow truck since day one.

12. fatboy

fatboy Senior Member

I bet the warranty says 3 year unlimited warranty but does not cover case failure or hard part damage and no warranty on electrical parts......because a factory reman doesen't even have that good of warranty.....sorry I'm not trying to piss on your parade but just make sure you know what your getting, I've been in the trans business for quite some time and NEVER heard of one that good...