1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Trans. Shifter Linkage

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by DieselSlug, Aug 6, 2012.

1. DieselSlug

DieselSlug PlowSite.com Addict

I have the truck in my sig. Currently the trans is out and getting rebuilt. SInce this truck is a 94' the trans shifter linkage is an actual linkage and not cable like changed in 95' and later. Has anyone replaced all the "soft parts" in the linkage setup? Im mainly looking for a parts diagram and part numbers so i can order them. There is a lot of slop in the shifter due to worn bushings n' such, so since the trans will be new id like it to shift better. Truck has 242K of plow life since new, so that is a lot of forwards to reverses.
    Thanks!

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Well you might need to try lmc or other options. I can almost bet the farm the dealer will be a dead end

3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Talk to a tranny shop. They should have sources for shifters or parts. The shafts that operate in the bushings may have slop because of rust too. Shine them up real good so they don't chew up the new bushings.