1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

trans question

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by mdchest, Jan 4, 2003.

1. mdchest

mdchest Junior Member

i took my chevy to the chevy dealer and had my trans hooked up to the computer there and there where no codes but yet the mech told me that i needed a new trans, i told him my problems where a hard shift from 1st to 2nd all other gears are smooth and i told him that i was getting a surge when i was in od at about 40 to 45 miles per our but if i put it in drive that i wasnt getting the surge. does this sound like i need a new trans our a new torgue converter, kinda got suspicous when i asked him about the codes and that he told me there were no codes coming up, btw i have a k1500 98 4x4 chevy , thank you for any replies :)

2. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

A surge in OD is usually a Torque Converter problem. When you say surge is it like a chattering? Torque Converters chatter when they are on the way out, in OD. Mike

3. mdchest

mdchest Junior Member

no chattering just when i get up to 40 to 45 miles per hour my rpm gauge goes up and down one tick mark on the gauge.

4. mdchest

mdchest Junior Member

thank you

thank you mike for your replies