1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Trans lines

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Squires, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Squires

Squires Senior Member

2010 Silverado 5.3L 1500

My trans lines are leaking, how much fluid am I going to lose changing them myself in the driveway?

I also haven't looked very closely yet, but I'm assuming that it is the same as most cars in that there is only one set of lines?
    Or do I have to check to see which ones they are specifically.

Its the 6 speed with cooler.

thanks in advance
  2. schrader

schrader PlowSite.com Addict

There should be three lines, you won't loose too much fluid maybe two litres. No point in replacing them with the same gm crap, take them to a hydraulic shop, have them cut out the cheap rubber and replace it with some hydraulic hose and proper fittings. Do a bit of research tons of threads about it, they all leak. The jobs not to hard just careful not to loose the clips that hold the lines in.
  3. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

onlinetube.com makes em in stainless. I would never buy the GM ones. You won't really loose much, maybe a quart or two.